My co-worker (who is also named Jason) and his wife just had their baby this morning. We’ve been comparing notes now and then over the last few months, since their due date was only a month before ours. So, the fact that their baby has arrived (although 2 and a half weeks early) has really started to make me think – there’s not much time till our baby arrives too!
I mean, we have most things ready:
- Crib – check
- Stroller – check
- Car seat – check
- Change table – check
- Rocking chair – on the way
- Baby clothes – check and check! (but then, I hear they need lots!)
- Bag to take to the hospital
- New car to replace our 2-door hatchback (if we can afford it)
- Ordering our “how to be a parent” manual – anyone know where to find one?
- Sleep deprivation training
- A heaping helping of patience, grace, and light-hearted attitude